Stores Internship Program
Looking for an internship that will give you REAL work experience while earning a competitive hourly wage? With the Sherwin-Williams Paint Stores Group Internship Program, you’ll get intense, on-the-job experience in the commercial/retail environment of one of our 3300+ company owned stores in the United States or Canada. You’ll build your resume through practical business experience with a Fortune 500 company while “test driving” our company and evaluating how closely aligned our values are to your own. Some colleges even allow students to earn credits for completing the Internship Program. And because we have facilities throughout the country, you can work in a store near your college or summer residence. We think it’s a winning proposition.
What will you learn?
If you are selected for the program, you will be exposed to the following:
- Sales/Customer Service – ensuring that our wholesale and retail customers have everything they need to successfully complete their job
- Marketing/Merchandising – learning the plan-o-gram and pricing systems
- Product Knowledge – paints, applicators, spray equipment, and associated products
- Inventory Management – rates of sale, stock replenishment, inventory turnover
- Financial Reports – profit and loss statements, analytical reports
- Accounts Receivable – operation of a trial balance, credit terms, collections
- Operations Management – delivery scheduling, competitive product analysis
As an intern, you may work on a special project related to relevant business issue. Interns who successfully complete the program and want to apply to our Management Training Program will have an advantage over other applicants due to the knowledge gained during this internship experience.
Eligibility and Requirements
Students enrolled in an accredited 4-year college or university, with completion of sophomore year at start of Internship
Eligible to work in the United States on a full-time basis upon graduation, without sponsorship or restrictions
General Business, Management, Marketing, Business Finance, or students with a related major are preferred
Prior work experience in sales or customer service is preferred
Excellent communication skills, a great work ethic, and an interest to work in an active, ‘roll-up-your-sleeves’ environment are essential
Store Internship Program
To apply for the Paint Stores Group Summer Internship Program, please click here and follow the instructions. You’ll be on your way to an exciting opportunity with the Sherwin-Williams Company.