Phase I: In Store Training
Once you’ve been assigned to your training location, you begin a series of self-study courses and on-the job training.
Our self-study courses, called click S.T.A.R.T. (Store Training And Reference Tool System), allow you to work at your own pace to learn all aspects of our business through digital media, videos, and workbooks. You’ll cover a variety of subjects to build your knowledge and skills related to:
- Sherwin-Williams' complete product line
- Professional Sales
- Profit and Loss
- Credit Management
- Human Resource Management
- Customer Service
- And Much More!
Once you complete one section you test yourself. You’ll get immediate feedback on your performance that you can review with your store manager.
In your position as management trainee, you will also have daily opportunities to apply the skills you are learning through your self-study. While performing your job duties, you will learn:
- Basic store operations
- How to use the reference charts and other job aids in your store
- How to sell products and service customers
- How to build relationships with your co-workers and customers